Etoposide (additionally usually known as VP-16) is a semisynthetic subsidiary of podophyllotoxin utilized in the treatment of certain neoplastic maladies. It is 4′- demethylepipodophyllotoxin 9-[4,6-O-(R)- ethylidene-β-D-glucopyranoside]. It is extremely dissolvable in methanol and chloroform, marginally solvent in ethanol, and sparingly dissolvable in water and ether. It is made progressively miscible with water by methods for natural solvents.
-Etoposide Injection is shown in grown-ups for the administration of:
- safe non-seminomatous testicular tumors in blend with other chemotherapeutic specialists
- little cell lung malignant growth, in mix with other chemotherapeutic specialists
- intense monoblastic leukemia (AML M5) and intense myelomonoblastic leukemia (AML M4) when standard enlistment treatment has bombed (in blend with other chemotherapeutic operators).
Etoposide/Etoposide is a drug that is utilized for the treatment of Small cell lung malignancy, Acute leukemia, Bladder disease, Spread of malignancy cells, Cancer of balls and different conditions.
The total rundown of employments and signs for Etoposide/Etoposide is as per the following:
- Little cell lung malignancy
- Intense leukemia
- Bladder malignancy
- Spread of malignancy cells
- Malignancy of gonads .
- Measurements depends on your condition.Vital guiding focuses are recorded beneath.
- Maintain a strategic distance from contact with individuals with cold or different diseases
- Dodge contact with the skin, mucosa and eye.
- Counsel a specialist on the off chance that you have unfavorably susceptible responses
- Counsel a specialist on the off chance that you have abnormal draining issues, blood in stools, dull and hesitate stools
- Try not to drive or work hardware
- May build danger of dying
- May expand danger of contamination
- Routinely assess total platelet checks
- Accept your specialist’s recommendation on the off chance that you have renal malady or diseases
- Chat with specialist before drinking liquor or getting immunizations .
When not to use :
Touchiness to Etoposide/Etoposide is a contraindication. What’s more, Etoposide/Etoposide ought not be utilized on the off chance that you have the accompanying conditions:
- Extreme touchiness
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Serious liver brokenness
Notwithstanding its proposed impact, Etoposide may cause some undesirable impacts as well. This isn’t a thorough rundown of reactions. It would be ideal if you advise your specialist on the off chance that you encounter any unfriendly response to the medicine.
- Stomach torment
- Skin pigmentation
- Diminished white platelet check
- Male pattern baldness
- Diminished blood platelets
- Liver harmfulness
- Loss of craving
- Diminished white platelet check (neutrophils)
- Feeling of distress
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice.