Rifaximin – a medication for Travelers’ Diarrhea
The most prevalent travel-related ailment is travelers’ diarrhea. It can strike everywhere, but Asia (excluding Japan and South Korea), the Middle East, Africa, Mexico, and Central and South America are the most higher risks places to visit.
Diarrhea is rarely severe or life-threatening in otherwise healthy adults, but it may make your trip very unpleasant.
Steps to prevent traveler’s diarrhea
- Carefully choose food and drinks – Just eat food cooked and served hot. Avoid food on a buffet. Avoid food. Only eat raw fruit and vegetables when washed in clean water. Avoid taking ice.
- Wash your hands – Wash your hands often, particularly with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if required. Overall, keeping your hands away from the mouth is a good idea.
Find out how to treat traveler’s diarrhea
- Drink plenty of liquid – Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated when you have diarrhea. For serious cases of traveler diarrhea, an online or pharmaceutical, or oral rehydration solution can be used in fluid substitution. In this case, Rifaximin is recommended.
- Take medicines over the counter – A variety of drugs can be purchased from one source, for example, Rifaximin, to treat diarrhea symptoms. These medications reduce the frequency and urgency of going to the washroom and can help you ride on a bus or aircraft while waiting on an antibiotic.
- Take antibiotics only if necessary – Your doctor can treat travelers’ diarrhea using antibiotics, but please consider using them only in severe cases. Take them exactly as your doctor tells you to take antibiotics. If severe diarrhea develops soon after your trip, see a doctor and ask for a stool test to see which antibiotic works for you.
Rifaximin is an antibiotic drug used for treating traveler’s diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and hepatic encephalopathy, among others, that is available under the brand name Rcifax.
The Rifaximin exporter, GM-GLOBAL, provides quantity/development or commercial products based on product status for your requirements. We can also supply the intermediates with the necessary technical package for evaluation.